Friday 1 October 2010

Tania Carver – The Creeper

Suzanne Perry has a stalker. He crept into her bedroom at night, she thought it was a nightmare until she found a photo of herself sleeping stuck to her bedroom window the next morning. There are other young women that have gone missing and a body has turned up on a boat. DI Phil Brennan is assigned to the case but he has problems of his own.

This was the first book that I have read by Tania Carver and I enjoyed it. The characters were well written and believable and the plot was good. The pacing was just right throughout as well.

The parts that I didn’t enjoy quite as much were the events surrounding DI Phil Brennan’s personal life. I think I would have enjoyed this more if I had read Tania Carver’s first novel, The Surrogate, as from what I can gather it was set up in that book so having not read it I was unaware of the reasons behind certain things. This was a minor thing though which didn’t take up much of the plot so didn’t affect my overall enjoyment of the book.

I will definitely be looking out for future releases by Tania Carver and will read The Surrogate at some point as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment