Monday 23 May 2011

Charlaine Harris - Dead Reckoning

There's a reckoning on the way . . . . . . and Sookie has a knack for being in trouble's way; not least when she witnesses the firebombing of Merlotte's, the bar where she works. Since Sam Merlotte is known to be two-natured, suspicion immediately falls on the anti-shifters in the area. Sookie suspects otherwise, but before she can investigate something else - something even more dangerous - comes up. Sookie's lover Eric Northman and his 'child' Pam are plotting something in secret. Whatever it is, they seem determined to keep Sookie out of it; almost as determined as Sookie is to find out what's going on. She can't sit on the sidelines when both her work and her love life under threat - but as she's gradually drawn into their plans Sookie finds the situation is deadlier than she could ever have imagined.
Synopsis taken from Amazon.co.uk.

This is book eleven in the Sookie Stackhouse series. I first discovered the series early last year when I got a box set of books one to eight and read them all in two weeks. Since then I have quickly devoured the rest of the books as soon as they were released and they are one of the few books I will read in hardback (I don't like reading hardbacks, I find them bulky and awkward and would much rather read paperbacks).

Book Ten, Dead in the Family, left me a little disappointed so I was both excited and a little nervous about reading Dead Reckoning but I'm pleased to say that this one felt a lot more on form. There was plenty of action and a good storyline and the ending has left me hungry for the next book.

It felt like there was plenty of character development in this book as there were lots of things going on for most of the main characters. It was interesting to find out more about the Fae and there were some interesting developments with Sookie and Eric’s relationship (I’ve always been an Eric fan so need the next book to see what will happen there!).

I heard that Charlaine Harris is only planning 2 or 3 more books in the series and whilst I will be sad to see the series end I think it is good to end it as I would much rather see the series end on a high rather than have it dragged out just for the sake of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment