Monday 24 October 2011

Russell Brand – Booky Wook 2: This Time It’s Personal

The second instalment of Russell Brand’s autobiography. Booky Wook 2 follows his rise to full on fame. From Big Brother’s Little Brother to the infamous Andrew Sachs incident to meeting Katy Perry.

I had been looking forward to reading the second instalment of Russell Brand’s autobiography as I very much enjoyed the first one and I enjoy his television, film and stand up a lot (Ponderland Crime is possibly one of the funniest things I have ever seen).

The book contains lots of little anecdotes about Russell’s life many of which are amusing and some are insightful. However, I feel that the book was only scratching the surface. Booky Wook 1 felt a lot more personal. Most of the tings contained in Booky Wook 2 were things that were already in the public domain. Now I’m not suggesting that an autobiography should bare the soul of the person writing it but I do feel that it should give a little more than this book did.

That said, I did enjoy the book. It made me laugh out loud in places and it was an interesting read, it just didn’t quite live up to Booky Wook 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment