Wednesday 5 May 2010

John Connolly – The Reapers

This story centres around Reaper (assassin) Louis and his partner Angel who find themselves targets due to events in Louis’ past. They must draw on all of their experience and skill in order to survive.

For me this book was a slow starter, it took me a while to get into it, perhaps because I’ve been reading a lot of very fast paced books recently. This one started off quite slowly with the pace picking up gradually throughout.

I found the characters to be well written and likeable, my favourite being Willie Brew the everyman mechanic who is caught up in the events due to his association with Louis and Angel. One of the things I particularly liked about this book were the flash-backs into Louis’ past. It gave an interesting insight into his past and what had shaped him into the man he had become.

For me this book wasn’t one of those obsession books that I try to grab every possible second reading. However, once I got into it I did look forward to reading it each day and found it to be enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment