Wednesday 23 June 2010

Charlaine Harris – Dead in the Family

This is book ten in the Sookie Stackhouse (True Blood) series and I had been eagerly anticipating its arrival.
Sookie is still recovering from the Fae war and Eric is still under pressure from the new regime, a situation that is not helped by the arrival of his maker and “brother”.

I did enjoy reading this book, I read it in just two sittings, but I felt that it was a little lacklustre and uneventful. There was no main plot, just several small sub-plots linked together and not a great deal really happened. Perhaps that was even more noticeable because Dead and Gone (book 9) was so eventful so it was a case of going from one extreme to the other.

I always enjoy plot lines involving Eric and it was interesting to learn a little more about his history and his “family” and that plot line was the most eventful. I also liked the sub plot about Sookies nephew Hunter, it will be interesting to see how that develops.

The book was enjoyable and worth reading for people already into the series but certainly not one of the best of the series, still looking forward to the next instalment.

No comments:

Post a Comment