Tuesday 1 June 2010

Rachel Vincent – Stray

This is the first in a series of books about werecat Faythe Sanders. Faythe has been away at college for the past five years. However, when other female werecats (tabbies) start to go missing Faythe’s father, the alpha of the pride, forces her to come home for her own protection. The pride must work out who is behind the kidnappings and put a stop to it before any more tabbies go missing.

At over 600 pages this book is quite long (although personally I like long books) but it certainly didn’t feel it. It was quick and easy to read. The action was fast paced and flowed well. I’ve read several reviews of this book where the reviewers have said they didn’t like Faythe, I can see why people would say that but I liked her. Faythe is far from perfect and she makes mistakes but I think that helps the character as it makes her more real. I don’t want to read about perfect individuals who can do no wrong so its nice to have a main character with flaws.

I have ordered the rest of the books and I am looking forward to seeing where the series goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment